When jobs become available we will post them here. If you want to get involved, let us know.
We have an Internal Liaison workstudy position available for up to 340 hours. Applicants must be eligible for the Work Study Program.
A PDF of the job description and qualifications can be printed from: https://www.uvic.ca/registrar/assets/docs/safa/workstudy/workstudy-postings/UVSS_AVP1.pdf
The Internal Liaison may be responsible for: internal office duties, email, photocopying, booking meetings, writing blog posts, social media, office cleanliness, research, communicating with other staff and volunteers, and resource gathering/building, and must be able to organize, help run, and attend the AVP Volunteer Training, as well as participating in other projects as they arise.
Note that to do this position you must be available to attend all of our volunteer training sessions from Sept 28th to Nov 4th:
- Every Tuesday eve from 5:30 – 8:30 pm (Oct 3th, 10th, 17th, 24th, 31st)
- Every Thursday eve from 5:30 – 8:30 pm (Sept 28th, Oct 5th, Oct 19th, Oct 26th, Nov 2nd)
- Three Saturdays from 10:30 am – 3:30 pm (Sept 30th, Oct 28th, Nov 4th)
- Strong anti-oppressive feminist analysis of issues related to gender-based violence and abuse.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team of paid and volunteer staff.
- Organized, self-motivated and creative.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
We will make every attempt to work with you in making this position accessible if you are a successful applicant.
The University of Victoria Students’ Society is an equal opportunity employer. In support of employment equity and in order to increase our relevancy and diversity of skills, knowledge and experience, AVP strongly encourages people of colour, persons with disabilities, Indigenous, queer, and transgender students to apply and will give hiring preference to qualified applicants who self-identify as being from marginalized communities and groups who face systemic barriers to employment. Applicants who wish to do so may self-identify in their cover letter.
Workstudy wage: $12/hour (including 4% vacation pay)
Department top-up: $3/hour
Send a cover letter and resume to or drop off at SUB B027.