With our offices in the SUB closed and physical distancing policies in place, we have moved our work online. Updates about the AVP response to COVID, including our current support hours, are available here. If you’re interested in getting involved with us, such as by writing a blog post, making a zine, or supporting our work in other ways, please get in touch at . We look forward to hearing from you! (Updated April 21, 2020)
Here are some ideas on how to get involved with AVP in addressing and ending violence.
- Contact us for support services or come by the office during office hours
- Volunteer with us; we run a comprehensive 40 hour volunteer training every year, which is open to people of all genders and does not require that someone be a UVIC student
- Browse our information and resources on our website
- Click on our prevention links to learn more about preventing gender-based violence
- Check out our lending library
- Tell us about a project you are working on that you’d like us to support
- Learn more about the media, check some of the inspiring links in our media faves section, or look at our very own AVP-made media. You can also make your own media !
- Have other ideas? Send us your feedback !
Consent & support workshops
The AVP consent workshop is intended to provide folks with the education, skills, and opportunity to understand and practice consent in a supportive and sex positive space…
UVic men’s circle
The men’s circle at UVic aims at challenging gender-based violence and dominant constructions of masculinity by creating a weekly space for men to connect with other men…
Undoing white supremacy discussion group
Join our facilitated group that will discuss and investigate the aspects and dimensions of white supremacy in our lives.
Sexualized Violence Awareness Week
In September as students return, get involved in events surrounding Sexualized Violence Awareness Week.
Volunteer with us
Also, please feel welcome to find out more about how to volunteer.