What is video support?
In an attempt to better support our community and make support accessible to folks, we are adding the option to access peer support with our staff through video conferencing. Please note to access video support we will need your email address to send you a link to the Zoom video conferencing software.
There are two ways to access video support:
- Call our support line: 778-400-5007
- Call during scheduled support hours (Monday through Thursday 11am-1pm and 3pm-5pm) and ask to access support on video. We will either set up video support immediately if possible or will set up an appointment for you during our next scheduled support hours. If you have a computer or smartphone ready, we will be able to do video support immediately.
- If scheduled support hours don’t work for you for accessing video support, you can still call to book an appointment. We will do our best to find another time that works for you.
- Email to book an appointment for accessing video support.
We take privacy and confidentiality seriously, so you will be accessing video support with one of our trained staff members who are working remotely and will be carrying out video support in a confidential space.
We want to acknowledge that Zoom (the software through which we will be providing support) has some privacy concerns that are beyond our control. However, using video conferencing platforms allow us to continue to provide support remotely in the midst of this pandemic.
For more information about what kind of information Zoom collects, check out this blog post by the folks over at ProtonMail. Zoom also has information on its website about how it addresses privacy concerns.
We strive to make support safe and accessible to folks in our community, however we want to ensure support is also safe for our staff members and volunteers. Below, we outline some behaviours that could hinder us from providing video support to you:
- Disrespectful or violent behaviour towards staff (e.g. verbal abuse)
- Any emergency situations requiring immediate attention